The wall paintings in the church of St Theresa are the only such ambitiously wide-scope work of art left from the artistic heritage of the Discalced Carmelites of the Lithuanian province. The creation of this work of art is related to the 1760 fire at Aušros Vartų Street, after which monks put many efforts to repair it and decorated it with frescoes before 1763. The main paintings of the nave walls were finished in September, 1763, while the next year saw the decoration of the vaulting of the side chapels and the walls. It is believed that the frescoes were painted by Motiejus Sluščianskis.
The eighteen frescoes representing the life of St Theresa reflect the spirit of the Carmelite order. The author, who decorated the church of St Theresa, had gathered inspiration for his work from the eighteenth century carvings by Arnold van Westerhout Vita Effigiata della Serafica Vergine S. Teresa di Gesu featuring the life of th
e Saint, and which is comprised of more than 60 carvings with short Latin comments beneath them