Our Lady of Europe
A small Sanctuary situated on a rock facing the sea.
Dedicated to Our Lady of Europe since the expulsion of the Moors in 1309.
It was occupied by the British from 1704 until 1961 and used by the military.
In 1979, Pope John-Paul II transferred the Feast of Our Lady of Europe to 5th May, Europe Day. A Mass for Peace is celebrated there each evening.