Our Lady, Queen of Ireland
The Sanctuary began as the result of an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary on 21st. August 1879 to fifteen people of different ages.
The apparition lasted for 2 hours. Our Lady was accompanied by St. Joseph and St. John, the Evangelist. The vision also contained an altar with a Cross and a Lamb on it surrounded by adoring angels.
Pope John-Paul II came on pilgrimage to the Sanctuary on 30th September 1979.
The Feast of Our Lady of Knock is kept on 21st. August.