Our Lady of Csíksomlyó
The Sanctuary originates from about 1510 with the veneration of a large statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The Franciscans were already present there for about a century.
Our Lady is represented as a queen. The present church dates from 19th century. Pilgrimages continued in spite of the communist regime.
Many pilgrims go there on foot, including a good number of orthodox.
The feast of the Sanctuary is kept on the eve of Pentecost (or 2nd July).